26 and Pregnant

Dear Little Peanut,
















I started this blog when your Dad and I got married so that one day, we could show you and your brothers and sisters, God willing, what your Dad and Mom did prior to being parents. You know, the days of little to no responsibility, staying up late, sleeping in, walks downtown, traveling almost every weekend, afternoon bike rides to the beach, reading magazines at B&N, sushi date nights, going to the movies, bonfires at the dunes...you get the point, right?

I am always amazed that at one time your Grandpa and Grandma were in a place where I am, and how they've made it to where they are now. Years of love and care, discipline and punishment, joy and laughter, tears and sadness, as they raised your Uncles, Auntie and me. It seems like such an overwhelming job, but one that you're Dad and I are so excited to begin together. They've told me a million times that I won't understand a parents love for their children until I have one of my own, and I can start to understand that now, because everyday I think about you, I love you even more and I haven't even met you.

Maybe it wasn't love at first pregnancy test though; you were a bit of a surprise to Dad and I that New Year's Eve morning 2009, but your Dad sure did a great job of immediately reminding me that you are a gift from God and how honored we should feel.

It's been a challenging month or so for Dad and I as we walk through being pregnant, looking for a job for Dad, contemplating where God would have us move, and preparing to be parents in 6 short months. I've been pretty sick with nausea and sometimes can hardly stay awake for more than 10 minutes when I get home from work. I hope that means you're growing strong and healthy.

I can tell you this Little Peanut, you've got a lot of people so excited to meet you and ready to love you. I am nervous, excited, anxious and eager to learn what it means to be your Mom. You are a daily reminder to me of God's perfect plan for our lives.

We love you Little Peanut.




So, yes, little blog world, Scott and I are going to be parents! Our Little Peanut is 11 weeks old tomorrow and due August 31, 2010. We are going in for another check up on Thursday and will hopefully have a new picture to show you all. This one is from our first appointment at 7 weeks and 2 days. We are more excited each day, and praise the Lord, I'm beginning to feel more like myself again as I approach the end of this first trimester. If you're reading this, we love you and appreciate all your prayers, love and support as we begin this new chapter in our lives!

17 comments:

Emily said...

I cried, Lisa.

Oh, I'm so happy for you guys. Miss you tons. You are going to be the cutest pregnant lady ever. :)

Jeni said...

Yay! Yay! And yay! I'm sooo excited for you both...as you already know. You are going to be such a great mom ( you have an amazing example). We can't wait to meet the little peanut! We love you!

Marsandle said...

We are SOOO EXCITED for you guys!!! I almost teared up reading your love note to little peanut! Keep the updates flowing... We are going to learn a lot from your adventures! Love, The Randles!

Marina said...

COngratulations Lisa! This so is great. You should be nothing but excited I am sure all will work out. Wish you both the best!!!

Anne-Marie said...

Wow...I would call you right now but I am crying...mostly because I can't believe my little girl is having a baby! You are right..this child IS a gift from God...This little peanut is much loved.. So excited to see what the Lord is going to do over the next few months!XOXOXOX

Anne-Marie said...

P.S....way to get a lot of comments...make a HUGE announcement!

Allison Priola said...

So exciting guys. You will love being parents and this little peanut will be blessed to call you Mom and Dad!! Let us know if the job hunt leads you to San Diego!
love
allison

Dave, Kristal & Wes said...

Joining the club!?! What an adventure life is, huh! Glad you are feeling better...you were made to be a mama...such a blessed baby! Keep us updated!

Dave, Kristal & Wes said...

Oh I forgot to tell you about this new website Dave and I created...its called Feedin Mom and it is a meal coordinating website for when you come home from the hospital. Its a little early to start thinking about this stuff but check it out and tell me what you think. Also I would love to be your coordinator when the time comes. www.feedinmom.com

love ya

Andrea said...

I was waiting for the big announcement to hit the blog!!! Loved the note to Peanut, can't wait to find out what Peanut is so we can start sewing!!! Much love to all 3 of you!

Jessica Dahlquist said...

Congrats Lisa! That is so exciting. You are going to love feeling your little one grow inside of you. I'm due with our little boy in a few days and absolutely can't wait! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Laurie G said...

Lisa,
First I want to congraulate you and Scott on the upcoming birth of your baby! I am so very excited and know what wonderful parents you are going to be because you both have had such wonderful parents to set such good examples.
Second I what you to know that I think you are such a talented writer, you make me feel part of your world with your words. Maybe you can have a new career as one of those mommy bloggers that has a following...work from home and make money!!!!
Congratualtions again, God Bless all three of you!
Love,
Laurie

Laurie G said...

Lisa,
First I want to congraulate you and Scott on the upcoming birth of your baby! I am so very excited and know what wonderful parents you are going to be because you both have had such wonderful parents to set such good examples.
Second I what you to know that I think you are such a talented writer, you make me feel part of your world with your words. Maybe you can have a new career as one of those mommy bloggers that has a following...work from home and make money!!!!
Congratualtions again, God Bless all three of you!
Love,
Laurie

The Collins said...

Okay it's been so long, but it's Shelly (Brown) from highschool. Lisa, congratulations! I am so happy for you. You will be such a good mom. Being a Mom is so special.I have 3 little ones now and love being a mom to them. I love your letter to your baby. So sweet. I am so glad I came across your blog. I hope you begin to feel better, and hope all goes well for you.

TDM Wendy said...

Congratulations! Welcome to the Motherhood!

Brandyn Jones said...

Dear Peanut, don't be sad, your cousins in Arizona will make sure that the "bonfires at the dunes" continue to happen. CONGRATS!!!

Sam and Alexis Scheid said...

Oh LISA!!! i love this blog post. I am soo excited for you guys. i really hope our little ones are born on the same day.. They can be pen pals... wldn't that be so fun!!? This ultrasound pic is awesome. Really a total little peanut. So darling. I cannot wait until you find out what you are having!!