Real Men Shred

So my friend Emily, (check out her blog, it's pretty awesome) kept making references to this "30 Day Shred" workout she was doing. I decided to google it, cause isn't that how we find out anything about everything these days, and discovered it is a workout video made by the trainer Jillian, of the TV show The Biggest Loser. That about sold me on it, seeing as how those people lose so much weight, but then reading the reviews on it made me really want to check this thing out. Thanks to Amazon, I had the video a few short days later. Let's just say this workout video has kicked my butt just about every time I do it. And when I think I'm making progress and move onto the next level, I am reminded that no, I am still weak and after a 20 minute workout I am covered in sweat, as if I'd just run a marathon (maybe not THAT much, but a lot). Well, in the past, Scott has enjoyed parking his rear end on the couch and eating popsicles while I about die in front of the TV. He finds something about it amusing. One night, in an effort to help me get motivated, he decided to put on his best workout gear and join me for my workout. I am happy to report that yes, I lifted heavier weights and by the end he had a much greater appreciation for the video. It kicked his tail too! So if I have any male readers out there, just know, real men do the 30 Day Shred!

5 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Okay..it was Scott's picture that sold me...I ordered all three of Jillian's cd...just call me skinny...or sucker...Oct 3 will tell!XOXOX

Emily said...

This CRACKED me up!

I guess I should actually start doing it again... ;)

Andrea said...

HILARIOUS!!! Love the picture, love the commentary,,,, now who's laughing???

Anne-Marie said...

More blogging please!

Jeni said...

you are too funny...I think i might have to research the dvd's now :)