A Little Treat

Wednesday evening I got a very exciting phone call. It was the San Luis Coastal school district calling to offer me a position as a summer school teacher!!! I about dropped my fork when I heard the message (we were eating dinner, so I hadn't answered the call). I couldn't believe it. Afterwards, I returned the call to find out I will be teaching 2nd/3rd grade math intervention at Del Mar in Morro Bay (the school I sub at 90% of the time)! So, for four weeks this summer, I will have my own classroom, my own students and I will be the real teacher! God is so good. As a celebratory treat, Scott took me to Coldstone for our favorite ice cream creation, Mud Pie Mojo! Don't worry people, we shared that one.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you!! I know how frustrating subbing and waiting can be. Send a little of your good luck my way, please, as I'm looking for a job for this fall!

Brad and Sara Osborne said...

Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you. I know this sounds silly but it really is a rush to finally be completely in charge of your own classroom! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to get home... maybe I'll get to see your kids!

Sarah Leilani said...

I'm so excited for you! You & Scott must be thrilled. 143!

BO said...

Congrats!!!! Summer school is a great way to get your feet wet. I'm sure you'll be great!

Andrea said...

love you guys, love your updates, love the pics- just love the whole Scott & Lisa package! Like I said early today, I think the Lord hand crafted you for my brother- you guys are such a great pair! :)