It's Always Greener on the Other Side...

Not really, but in the case of our pesky lawn, this expression rings true. We came home after Christmas to find our thirsty lawn, struggling to retain its' green color, yet our side dirt area growing three fruit trees, COVERED in flourishing bright green WEEDS. Nightmare.

We realized we needed a little something stronger than the screwdrivers we had been using on previous areas of weeds...we took Framer Bubba's advice and went to Home Depot to purchase a Hula Hoe (or something like that, they were out of the Hulas).

While Scott mowed our sad lawn I used all my muscles to pull out those weeds. When in an hour I'd done only this little area, we decided it was time to bring in the big guns. Scott used the appropriately named, "Weed Wacker" and went to town on this field of weeds. We were over trying to get them from the roots, so we settled for short little weeds instead. It was such a process, I thought my arms were going to fall off. Believe you me, I was sore for days after this fun four hours of yard work.

Who really blogs about weeding, I know. But seriously, these weeds were intense, they had to be given some show time.

No comments: