Viva Mexico!

Sunday morning we took off for Riviera Maya, Mexico. We were so excited to be able to spend a whole week together with no responsibility but to relax and have fun. And that we sure did. We spent the first few days sleepin' in, loungin' by the pool and referring to one another as "hubs" and "wife" as often as possible. (It still isn't old!)

As Scott quickly pointed out, I fit in well with all the Mexican's with my slick hair-do. I like to think I was just getting down to my Mexican roots. Thank you Pops and Grams! After we had caught up on our sleep and rest, we were ready for some adventures! Our first trip was out to the "jungle" (also know as someone's ranch) to ride ATV's. Scott was pretty pumped on this one, so much so that he couldn't resist splashing me with every puddle he could possibly ride through - to the point that my ATV eventually stopped working due to the engine being flooded. Hmmm, I wonder how that happened?!? We rode to this awesome beach though and got to hang there for a while.

The next day we went to snorkel at this cool place where they have all sorts of activities and places to eat. The second half of that day we went to check out the Mayan Ruins. They were awesome. A thunderstorm came out of no where while we were there, but we didn't mind getting soaked because once it stopped raining we were dry in about five minutes.

Our last adventure was this crazy zip-line, bike ride, underground cave excursion. Scott saved me from a bat in the cave, and other than that it was a pretty sweet adventure. I could go on forever, but I'll spare you every last detail. Our resort was amazing (thanks Dad and Mom), and we enjoyed getting all dressed up for dinner and then hanging around on the beach and whatnot. Oh, if only honeymoons were an everyday sort of thing.

No comments: